Saturday, June 14, 2014

Summer Sum-up / Update

So if you follow me on Twitter, you may have heard that I spent three weeks in Greece on an Honors Program trip, from May 12 - June 2.

It was fantastic, and I will talk about it more in depth the second I finally get my pictures uploaded at some undetermined point in the future.

For now, I'm finally home. Lounged around home for a week, let Dad lug us out camping for a week, and now I'm home again, prepared to step up the lounging (particularly because I'm too sunburned and stiff to move) and also step up a few other activities:

Cooking - Next semester I'm staying in an apartment with two roomies, and we are allowed to have TOASTERS and other cooking gear we were not permitted during dorm life. So, I'm going to be cooking more. So, I'm learning to cook. It's fun, and I think it's going relatively well. I made some delicious soup the other day...but I also set off the smoke detectors toasting a loaf of bread. So.

Reading - While in Greece, I read Eleanor & Park, Fangirl, Dollbones, and half of Sea of Tranquility. I'm also partway through Tiger Lily, and because I am easily distractable I've started Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes and checked out Cress and Shatter Me. My TBR list has some lag time, so if you've got any recommendations (particularly for fantasty/scifi), heap them upon me.

Writing - 50+ handwritten pages of WIP notes in Greece = I'm pumped for a new draft, with a much better handle on my characters, my world, and all the backstories (because backstories are my lifeblood). I'm also thinking of submitting a ghosty short story somewhere, so if you know of a place, let me know.

Basically, all this post is doing is asking for your recipe, book, and ghosty-lit-journal/mag/whatever recommendations.

But hey, it's a post.

Great to be back, hoping to blog more regularly... "For real this time", blabbidy blabbidy.

No comments:

Post a Comment