Monday, January 6, 2014

Time for the most cliched resolution ever

I'm not even going to pretend that I will be updating this blog regularly again.

Perhaps I will be able to trick myself into posting occasionally.

As always, January has brought on a surge of motivation and the best of intentions, which means that I have resolved to tackle the challenge common among writers, to WRITE EVERY DAY except for one slacker-day, as recommended by my lovely critique partner.

Here are some things I've been doin':

  • I have not written much each day since this resolution began, but I have begun rewriting a novel. It involves paper magic and trees in a desert and is generally lots of fun to work on.
  • I stumbled onto a LOVELY digital whiteboard site, realtimeboard.com, and ran amok with sticky-notes and story plans and uploading my character art... and then a database error erased the board I'd made for Paper-Mage rewrite. Which was distressing. So, try it! Love it! But maybe use at your own risk?
  • Tomorrow I journey through some polar vortex thing back to college. Classes start again Wednesday, and will be studying things like Shakespeare and Medieval Literature and Greece (where I will BE for a brief period this summer).
  • I am currently puzzling out an author bio to put on a site where I won a writing contest this summer, looking at examples and feeling inferior and severely unclever...
  • Got around to reading over break. Loved Victoria Schwab's Vicious. Last night I finished reading Girl of Fire and Thorns, which I liked for the most part, though my favorite characters did not appear nearly enough for my tastes.
  • Let's not talk about how much anime I watched over break.
I feel like I've let a lot of things slip during the past semester. My course load wasn't so heavy, but because I did not have much to do, it was very hard to make myself do anything.

Not only did I not blog, but I didn't write nearly as much as I'd hoped to. I don't feel as connected with the writing community as I have in the past. I think I wrote some fairly good short stories for creative writing classes, but as far as my novels go, I'm not sure I've progressed much.

*sigh*

That's all for now. So long...

No comments:

Post a Comment