Perhaps I will be able to trick myself into posting occasionally.
As always, January has brought on a surge of motivation and the best of intentions, which means that I have resolved to tackle the challenge common among writers, to WRITE EVERY DAY
Here are some things I've been doin':
- I have not written much each day since this resolution began, but I have begun rewriting a novel. It involves paper magic and trees in a desert and is generally lots of fun to work on.
- I stumbled onto a LOVELY digital whiteboard site, realtimeboard.com, and ran amok with sticky-notes and story plans and uploading my character art... and then a database error erased the board I'd made for Paper-Mage rewrite. Which was distressing. So, try it! Love it! But maybe use at your own risk?
- Tomorrow I journey through some polar vortex thing back to college. Classes start again Wednesday, and will be studying things like Shakespeare and Medieval Literature and Greece (where I will BE for a brief period this summer).
- I am currently puzzling out an author bio to put on a site where I won a writing contest this summer, looking at examples and feeling inferior and severely unclever...
- Got around to reading over break. Loved Victoria Schwab's Vicious. Last night I finished reading Girl of Fire and Thorns, which I liked for the most part, though my favorite characters did not appear nearly enough for my tastes.
- Let's not talk about how much anime I watched over break.
Not only did I not blog, but I didn't write nearly as much as I'd hoped to. I don't feel as connected with the writing community as I have in the past. I think I wrote some fairly good short stories for creative writing classes, but as far as my novels go, I'm not sure I've progressed much.
That's all for now. So long...